Saturday, April 15, 2006

Rhett Miller live

April 12 Paradise Boston

Wow..what a show. Just under two hours and boy did he deliver. Best $15 I spent in a long time. He played all the new songs plus most of the first album and tons of Old 97's songs. His band was excellent, particularly the guitarist who really added complexity to the songs. Actually listening to the cd's afterwards, I'm a little disappointed because the guitar parts are simpler. If Rhett comes to town, don't miss it. If you're already fan, you'll love it. If you're not, I will guarantee your money that you will convert. That goes double for you Texans.

One warning - don't stand too close. Rhett is a spitter - we're talking whale blow hole. Liz didn't seem to mind but I recommend giving him an extra foot or so.

For thos who missed it, selection of Rhett Live :

Singular Girl (current tour)

Point Shirley

Things that disappear (slow load)

Lonely Holiday (poor NY show)"







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhett can spit on me any time!

This guy is amazing - he's got talent, wit, looks, charm. When he made eye contact with me I thought I'd melt. Felt like I was a teenager again finally getting Corey Hart's attention!

Can't believe the rest of the world hasn't caught on yet, but I'll take it if it means I get to see him in tiny clubs where I can get to the front row without much competition. Alas, the college girls are starting to catch on. It was getting crowded up there.

Anonymous said...

OK - so I just watched some of the video clips. One of the comments on the Singular Girl page...

"I didn't like this version at first.. I still hate that he took out the line "you got the teeth of the hydra upon you." but i've gotten over it enough to say it's an okay version."

I noticed that line was missing, then I started thinking it was just me. Nice to know someone else noticed. Speaking of that line...is it a nod to Duran Duran?

Anonymous said...

Correction! Duh!

Guess it's a T-rex reference (get it on - bang a gong). Don't know why I was thinking Duran Duran.