Saturday, December 02, 2006

Best of 2006

Any suggestions/guidance (I got Bram's list) ?

Change of format -

I will send out the "big" list as mp3. From the big list, I will whittle it down to a 1 disk set and post the results on the blog. This is really about time. I believe Ben franklin said "I am sorry about the long letter; I didn't have time to write a short one." The Best of falls in this category.

I will continue the two disk set. The first disk will be the best of. The second desk will be some theme. The theme this year will be "interesting covers" not necessarily best covers. I've discovered how to get music the internet this year and have accumulated an interesting collection. Future ideas for second disk: "country songs nobody knows" "Boston songs" but as always looking for ideas.

Me and Liz are off to Florida for a long weekend. I have a conference, she's going to the spa.

Cheers,
AF

6 comments:

Bram said...

"I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead." — Mark Twain

C'mon, he's a fellow New Englander (kind of). Plus, I remember visiting his house when your mom was our Cub Scout troop leader.

Anyhow, in the spirit of the quote I offer this shortened version of your post: "I'll be doing a big post of MP3s, a smaller CD, and please, please, send in some suggestions so I'm not stuck with garbage that Bram sent."

Anonymous said...

the only new music Ive heard that Ive liked is that one, Albaquerque turkey, Maddy Feltus.
Other than that, Le Disco by shiny metal toys.

Bram said...

So, since it's press check time, which means lots of sitting around the hotel, I tracked down Matt's suggestion. Happy to know that I'm not the only one whose selections are about reliving the 80s.

Then, 'cause as I mentioned, there's lots of sitting around the hotel, I started reading through the blog and ran across this post about a new release from Best of 2004 honorees The Killers;* kind of follows up on a post from a while and makes you say, "oh, that makes sense":

The female vocals are by Toni Halliday. She was the lead singer of the band Curve, and is married to producer Alan Moulder.

* Recently learned they're from Las Vegas. Now I get their logo.

andy said...

Bram - you do know how the killers got their name, dont you ?

Bram said...

Nope. Know nothing of the group, really, beyond Mr. Brightside which I found insanely catchy and was happy to see on that year's compilation.

And the Christmas song referenced above? Not really worth it.

Bram said...

OK, just heard the me-nominated Punkrocker on a Cadillac commercial. Disturbs me.

Also, those car ads that show all the old models, leading to the new stuff? Rarely do the modern cars look good by comparison.