Thursday, March 13, 2008

Liz's 'Best of' 2007

Spending so much time with Andy, you can't help but think about things. Especially this time of year, where he had been doing so much work on his annually anticipated 'Best of' music list and commentary. After throwing out suggestion after comment to him about what I enjoyed, and having them summarily dismissed because I don't have any cred (that's not fair to Andy - I still get credit for finding Lucero), I thought I'd just throw my faves out to you all. Most made the list because they were the kind of songs that I just couldn't get out of my head - but in a good way. Some I still like, some I got sick of quickly. You guess which ones are which.

As I didn't put as much thought into mine as Andy did, the list is short. More like an off the top of my head thing. But when you think about it, isn't that the best way to determine what really made an impact on you? Let me know what you think! Any guilty pleasures from 2007 that you are borderline embarrassed to admit to? Don't be. Mine are included on the list. Share yours!

So, in the order in which they popped into my head, here they are:

1. Hang me up to dry - The Cold War Kids
2. Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani
3. Hey there, Delilah - Plain White Ts
4. Thrash Unreal - Against Me!
5. Rehab - Amy Winehouse
6. Signal Fire - Snow Patrol
7. What Light - Wilco
8. Paralyzer - Finger 11
9. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
10. Rock Star - Nickelback
11. Cupid's Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes
12. Straight Lines - Silverchair
13. Shadow of the Day - Linkin Park
14. Anything by Daughtry

2 comments:

liz said...

I guess if I was really being honest, I'd include the High School Musical soundtrack. Oh wait - that was from 2006. Pretend you didn't read this.

Bram said...

You ain't alone. We all been "summarily dismissed."

That being said, I have no idea who most of your list even is. I suppose that says more about me.